Praise!!

Well, I have good news!!  Yesterday morning, we received our appointment date for Kirk & Lori's country.  Our date is August 9th and we'll be leaving on August 6th.  Woohoo!

In 3 weeks we'll be meeting the kids!

I'm so excited about this, and frankly, a little nervous as well.  There is a lot to think through in packing for this trip, and we haven't traveled internationally in 7 years, and never with a child.  Carson will be going with us, and we'll be leaving the girls at home.   It breaks my heart to do that, but taking them with us would more than double our airfare, and we would have to take along someone to care for them at the apartment, since all 3 children couldn't go with us to appointments and visitations.  So please pray for my heart - and for Maggie & Lilly, as we have to leave them behind for two weeks or more.

Yesterday was exciting for another reason as well... we picked up our new mini-van!  New to us, anyway. Maggie and Lilly were really excited about this and it's a huge blessing to us.  And I'm grateful to have that checked off our list.  Now we have a vehicle we can all fit in.... and I don't have to climb over the center console to get to the driver seat anymore! I was going to take a picture of our new van and post it here, but we're experiencing some good Southeast Texas rain today.

More praise... ready for this?  We made over $1700 at our garage sale this weekend!  I was overwhelmed at the amount of donations we had, and helpers... friends and family and church family were up at the church eating pizza and working late into the night organizing, sorting, pricing... it was loads of fun!  And despite the monsoon on Saturday morning, people still came. We were mightily blessed.

More news to come!

Comments

Katrina said…
Very exciting news. I can't wait to see pictures of you meeting them. They are too cute. I will be praying for your family.
Amber said…
That's awesome!! I'm so excited to see pictures of your first meeting!!
Katie King said…
YEA!! SO happy for y'all! I can imagine how much it will hurt your heart to leave your two oldest babies at home for that long. I will be praying for you!
Our appointment is August 10th!:) See you at Fridays in K***??!!
Krista said…
Shannon, it's been absolutley wonderful reading and catching up on your blog. I just love your heart and your family. Praying for you!!!
Nan and Dan said…
so so happy for you all!!!!
Tammy, ON, Canada said…
Thrilling news. Praying for you and your family.
Nikki said…
Wow, amazing! I can't wait to read about it. Congratulations!

Nikki
www.madebynikki.blogspot.com --> blog design to change the world

Popular Posts