Coming Back from the Silence: Part I

You know how it feels when you haven't spoken with someone in a while, and so much happened -so much changed in you during the absence- that when you finally see them, you don't know where to start?

Or you know that feeling of sitting down with your journal for the first time in months, with pen in hand, but it just 'won't come'?

Or do you know that frustration of finally going to that quiet place in prayer, after being silent with the Lord for a season - and you just can't form the words? You couldn't force them out of your pitiful little heart if your life depended on it?

Well, that's how I feel with this little thing I like to call a blog. You may have noticed (or maybe you didn't) that I took a break from blogging. It was meant to be just a week, but so much more happened.

I didn't just take a break from blogging, but also from reading blogs, frequenting Facebook, and playing on the internet in general. I reached a point one day, several weeks ago, where something had to give. I was experiencing such a season of discouragement in my homemaking/homeschooling/mothering abilities, and a real discontent in my heart.

You know, once in a while, I'll encounter someone who thinks I have it all together in one area or another, but friends, let me tell you, I certainly do not!

This stay-at-home-mom business is hard, ya'll. I'm just sayin'... it ain't for the faint of heart!

And my real-life-friends know that anything that has me saying ya'll and ain't is serious business! (Well, I typed it; I don't know if it would actually come out of my mouth.)

Anyway, during the season that I shall hereafter refer to as My Blog Silence, the Lord showed me some things... about myself... about balance... about my family and my calling within my family... about marriage... and even about housekeeping, fancy that!

And I'll share some of those things with you in days to come.

Here's some of what's on the agenda:
- Coming Back from the Silence: Part II
- Feeding Your Family's Bellies... and Hearts
- Upcoming Holiday Ideas
- Recommended Reading (My book list)
- What's New in our Kitchen
- More 'Make-It-Yourself-Monday'... including a special post my husband is excited to share.

It feels good to be back...



Comments

Teesa said…
Can't wait to read more!
Anonymous said…
Look forward to all you have to say!
Lindsey Royal said…
So glad you're back to blogging! Definitely missed it!
lauren said…
YAY SO GLAD YOUR BACK SHANNON! love you!!!
Katie King said…
Looking forward to your upcoming blogs :)

Popular Posts