Being Thankful With Family



Thanksgiving is one of my favorite days of the year. I am so excited about traveling to see family tomorrow, and though I still have a tiny bit of packing to do, and a few pies to make, I want to take time today to sit with my girls and read The First Thanksgiving, by Linda Hayward. We love to look at the beautiful drawings and talk about the difficult journey the pilgrims made to America, and why they left their home to come here. We talk about how God watched over and provided for them.

It isn't too late for you to include your children in a meaningful Thanksgiving activity. Read with them. Talk to them about what you are thanking God for this year. And you can make some 'Pumpkin Pockets' together to help them think of things to be thankful for as well.

May you have a blessed and restful week enjoying the Lord's goodness with your family.


Thank you, Becky Book for our family photos.



Comments

Popular Posts