I Forgot to Mention...

We got our court date!  We'll stand before the judge on Tuesday, at noon (that's 4am for all you folks back home on Texas-time).  I have a complete peace about our court hearing... our facilitator said that although the judge is inexperienced with international adoptions (she's only done ONE), that she is very nice.  She even moved our court time from 2pm to noon so that we would have plenty of time to catch the afternoon express train back to Kiev on Tuesday.

Oh, and I am so excited and blessed to be a guest writer on one of my favorite blogs I've been reading for years: Passionate Homemaking.  I love Lindsay Edmonds' heart and her blog is full of encouragement and practical resources... check out my post here.

One more thing - thought I'd leave you with this VIDEO of the kids playing... enjoy!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hello Shannon
I am writing to you as a fellow Believer, and one who has read letters and heard accounts from parents who adopt. I ask that you read this to your husband.
Most adoption is wonderful and selfless. There are some times where it is dangerous though. The danger occurs when you bring in children that are older than your own biological children.
One of three personal examples of very similar happenings is the following.......I have one neighbor that did the same as you are about to. Their precious 3 yr old daughter was molested by the slightly older child, and forever changed. I know this can happen in any family, but it is staggering how often I hear about it with older adopted children engaging in those activities...... Because they too were exposed to perversion in the orphanages. Please consider the safety of your own precious daughters you have at home, once you get these adopted children home. Heed the warnings of others experience.
Kristen
Laurie said…
I'm so excited to hear about your court date!! I'm sure everything will go as planned :)
Nan and Dan said…
woo hoo!!!!!praying!
Hi Kristen,
I appreciate your concern and your thoughtfulness to share... this is indeed something we've been made aware of, talked about, and prayed about...

Keeping a close eye on our children (and always having them within eye-sight/ear-shot) is something we've always done, so continuing to remain vigilant in all our children's protection is something we will do for the entirety of their childhood and teenage years. I wish all parents would do so.

Certainly we're not perfect, and I continue to pray for God' protection over my children, as He is the only One who has any real 'control', right?

Again, I know this is a very real, and serious issue. Thanks for your concern and care.
Shannon

Popular Posts