Needing Prayer

I know I promised to come back and post a bunch of pictures of our 5K - but then the craziness started. I have had a relentless cough and congestion for about 11 days now. The afternoon of the 5K, I started feeling worse, and still haven't recovered. Lilly woke up sick on Sunday morning and spent several hours on the couch, waiting for her fever to break. Around 3am this morning, her fever was back with a vengeance and we ended up with doses of children's motrin and two lukewarm baths to get it down (I was coughing the whole while). It finally broke about 7:00 this morning, and she was fine all day - happy as a lark - until supper tonight, when the fever returned.

Then Maggie started feeling ill, running a very slight fever, and complaining of a headache and sore throat. Jeff rallied around us tonight, as we were putting the girls to bed and he prayed for our healing.

I really feel like we're under attack. I'm exhausted. Maggie's birthday is tomorrow. And we are headed to Houston this weekend for a sweet couple's wedding. Jeff is officiating and the girls are flower girls.

We really need your prayers, friends. Please lift us up!

Comments

Noey814 said…
done!
Katie King said…
I will be praying...
Lindsey Royal said…
Praying for healing and continued health. Also praying Carson and Jeff don't catch it!
Hollie Carson said…
Shannon! Oh my goodness, I will be praying.

The same thing is happening at our house, so I can relate. Tomorrow marks two weeks of sickness for me. And I'm still coughing and coughing UP stuff, blowing my nose, sore throat, etc. You might have bronchitis like me. I pray you don't though. Now the girls are coughing and Hugh is coughing too. It's terrible. Where did this yuck come from? It's JUNE tomorrow for goodness' sake. Right before I got sick, Hugh was in the guest bedroom sick and vomiting for 3 days and as soon as he was well enough to help us, I got sick and am still trying to get well. I will be praying fervently for you Hazletons.
Micah said…
I wondered if illness had overtaken ya'll :( I checked your blogged daily for an update.
I am praying right now.
MamaJ said…
Praying!! We are fighting off the same thing. Right now it's just the baby and I, thankfully. We started feeling worse after the fundraiser too, must be all the hay we were kicking up... Praying for healing for you girls and protection for the boys!

Popular Posts