Where Are We?

A few days after arriving back in the States, my husband woke me up from a short nap (I had asked him to) and for several seconds I stared at the wedding picture on our bedroom wall... my eyes went back and forth between the two large black & white wedding portraits on opposite sides of our bedroom as I tried hard to make sense of it - how had our apartment in Ukraine acquired pictures that looked just like our wedding photos?  And which apartment were we in, anyway?  Were we still in Dnep? Kiev?

Finally my head stopped spinning and I whispered, "Oh, we're home."

Jetlag.  It's a bear.

Especially, might I add, when it's 8:30pm and you're playing a never-ending game of Candy Land with two exuberant daughters.

We arrived in Houston Thursday afternoon, after a very turbulent (and prayerful) flight.  Our dear friends picked us up in our own mini-van, and I hardly recognized it.  We drove home in a little under 2 hours, and the girls were playing in the kiddie pool in the back yard.  They were expecting us to come late at night, so we were thrilled to sneak into the backyard and surprise them while they were playing.  They each had a confused look of disbelief on their faces, and gave us tight, soaking-wet hugs!  Oh bliss!!

Re-entry has been wonderful and difficult.  Carson takes longer to get over the traveling, and now he has a fever and wants to nurse all night... I've been relishing time with my girls, while at the same time I lay awake at night and go over logistics in my head for the return trip.  I hate the thought of leaving the girls & Jeff in just a few days, but I'm anxious to get this journey done.

I leave again on Friday afternoon.  sigh.  I have to admit I'm a little apprehensive.  A decade ago, I was pretty independent, and heading up an international trip like this would have seemed a lot less daunting.  But I rely so much on Jeff now.  And leaving half my family here - well, I just don't like it.  But two of my babies are there, so go I will.

The journey continues... will you join us?  Will you pray for us? Please pray for...

*Safe Travels for myself, Carson, & my friend Andrea
*For Carson to get well before we leave (and stay well!)
*For things to go quickly and smoothly finishing up the process

We're also on a pretty tight budget going back, as we haven't raised the full amount we projected.  But God is providing! We are continuing to pray for God to lay on hearts to give the right amount at the right time... We're also hoping we get placed in the less-expensive apartments (like the 1st trip) and in a location where we are able to walk everywhere again, which will help us save money.

Sorry there are no pictures for this post... I've got a feverish, whiny boy who just got up from his nap, so I have to run.  Stay tuned!

Pakah, for now!
Shannon




Comments

Nan and Dan said…
congrats on getting home! hope the baby feels better soon! :)
hugs
Mandy said…
Will you tell us where the best place to make a donation is? Do you have a paypal set up or do you want donations to go to your Family Sponsorship Page on Reece's Rainbow? I know families sometimes need those last minute funds in hand, so let us know :)
Oh Mandy, good question... I think the FSP is best b/c if we're overseas and we need those funds, I believe RR can get them to us, and there are no fees, like there are on Paypal.
Mandy said…
I gave what we could! I hope it helps some. Wish it could be more. Blessings!

Popular Posts