1 Day Left


To love on my girls.

To hear their giggles.

To comfort them in distress.

To soak up their hugs and kisses.

Today is our last day together as a family - for a while.  We expect to be gone 2+ weeks, (probably closer to 3+ weeks) but have no idea at this point when we'll be coming home to Maggie & Lilly.  They are staying home with people who love them, and will be well cared for, but Maggie is already having a hard time with our departure.  Last night she was in our bed most of the night, and every time I woke up (which was several times) she was awake.  

Leaving my girls behind is the hardest thing I've ever had to do.  And I've smuggled the Word into communist countries and visited war-torn cities.  This - infinitely harder.  This is what I've been dreading the entire adoption journey.  This is what almost made me close the door on the thought of adoption altogether.  This is what will drive me to my Savior's arms a million times in the next few weeks.

I honestly don't know who will struggle more, my girls, or me.

So I need all of your prayers...

Please pray for my girls' hearts, and mine.

Please pray for:
- their health and safety
- safe travels for us
- for Carson to do well in traveling
- for Maggie & Lilly to feel loved & cared for and safe
- for a quick, smooth trip
- for God's favor upon us with everyone we meet
- for a quick court date with a good judge
- for the 10-day wait to be thrown out for all in our region
- for us all to be able to come home together on this first trip
- and anything else the Lord leads you to pray

Thank you all so much - we couldn't do this without your love, support, encouragement, & prayer.

I will try to post tonight about the giveaway we're doing to raise the $989 we need to be fully-funded.  But since it's our last family-day for a while, I may just post about that from the 'road'.  We'll be leaving our house at 11am tomorrow, and arriving in the capitol city of Kirk & Lori's country on Sunday afternoon.  As soon as we have internet we'll be back in touch and keep everyone posted.

Much Love,
Shannon

Comments

Hello, I was in your shoes just 2 yrs ago as I left behind 5 of my sweet babies at home. It did bother me and I did cry but let me tell you that I LET IT ruin my entire trip there. We are about to adopt again and the one thing I learned about my last trip was how fast it went, and how everyone was just fine without me there. I complained the entire trip and missed my kid's so much that I did not let the wonderful sweet babies infront of me have my attention that only they deserved at that moment.
You can do this, you will be ok. You are doing what God called you to do and he WILL protect your other children while you are gone. They will keep busy and time will go by so enjoy the country you are in and take lot's of picture's and buy thing's to for your new children to remember their country!! Hope that advise help's a little! God Bless you and we are praying for you on your journey!
Thank you. That is so very helpful!
By the way, where at in Texas are you?? We just moved here to Plano Texas. We have been trying to met people out here, but with a big family people are a little afraid of us I think, Just thought I would see where you guy's are! Im so excited for you guy's!
Jessica said…
I agree with Leah. My homesickness for Luke and Ray drained me emotionally. During the last week of our first trip I wasn't as emotionally invested during my visits with the kids because I truly felt to drained emotionally. I regret that. I wasn't trusting God. Your girls will have a hard time at times, but it will be much much worse for you, mama. So when you are feeling homesick, remember that they are loved, well taken care of, and not missing you near as much as you are missing them. lol While it can feel like an eternity, at the time, it really does fly by. Before you know it they will be home and all your children will be speaking Russ-lish, just like mine. lol LOVE YOU and I will be praying for every step of your journey!!
Tammy said…
God bless!

Tammy, ON, Canada
Jennifer said…
So excited for you! And I can definitely relate to your sadness over leaving the girls for a little while. I'll be praying!
Julia said…
Be Bold!! Be Strong!! God has your kids in his loving hands. It IS hard! One single day at a time trusting that God is going to carry you and your precious ones on both sides of the ocean through!
CareBear said…
Praying you have a smooth trip and that you will have the Peace you need to make it through the struggles of homesickness.
Nan and Dan said…
praying!!!
hugs!!

Popular Posts