Not Me Monday


This is my first ever 'Not Me Monday' post. Several blogs I read participate in this, like Kim, over at Raising Olives. But I've never been brave enough to jump in there... until today.

If you're not familiar with it, here's how it works: 'Not Me Monday' gives me the opportunity to tell you about things around here that I might otherwise refuse to own up to - that is to say, 'no, not me!' Get it? Okay, here we go...

We once again had a jam-packed weekend, but despite being so busy I did NOT feed my family take-out pizza AND McDonalds in the same weekend. Nope, not me.

I was so grateful that a friend's daughter helped me clean out my girls' bedroom. We did NOT find ridiculous amounts of dust and trash under both beds AND the dresser. We did NOT fill a small bag just with trash to be thrown away. I did NOT throw away other things when my children weren't looking. And when we were finally done in there, I did NOT tell my girls that their bedroom was now a museum and they had better not touch a single thing in there. Nope, not me.

I was NOT so busy all weekend that I missed all five of our butterflies hatch. (Darn.)

I did NOT open up the washing machine yesterday to find that a huge roach had decided to crawl up in there and die. I did NOT then close the washer, walk away, and decide against washing clothes.

I have NOT had a laundry basket of folded clothes sitting beside the desk for days now, waiting to be put away. And I'm NOT hoping that we'll just use all those clothes so I won't have to put them away.

It has NOT been 3 days since my children bathed. Nope, not them.

I did NOT feed my girls instant oatmeal this morning, with something resembling real 'strawberries and cream.'

I did NOT get fed up this morning with my bedroom looking like this:


and this...
and this...

and this...



And I did NOT leave my sink looking like this last night.


I did NOT just remember that I forgot to change our bed sheets a few days ago after Carson's diaper leaked in the middle of our bed...

Just keeping it real, people.

Oh, and no, my 6-month-old son is NOT still sleeping in my bed... sometimes...

And speaking of my son, he does NOT scream his head off every time I change his clothes. Nope, not him.




And I certainly, absolutely, did NOT set my girls down in front of a leap frog video so I could clean and de-clutter my bedroom.... and wash the dishes. No way.... and the video player was NOT on 'replay.'


Maggie blowing a spit bubble while completely engrossed in the 'educational' video.

I do NOT use this blog as motivation for tackling projects around my house. Just forget about the desk.

I did NOT take my entire family to the grocery store last night, only to realize this morning I had forgotten two major things I needed for tonight's dinner.

Oh, and I definitely did NOT abandon my cleaning/de-cluttering project this morning to drag my kids to the store to get things I didn't forget and pick up stuff to make dinner for my friend who just had a baby.

Nope. Not me!

I hope you've enjoyed this completely fictional post. Not. Maybe.

Happy Monday, everybody... what have you NOT done lately?

Shannon




Comments

Katie King said…
This made me laugh! So real...

I will say NOT me also to the leaky diaper, baby boy in our bed :), dishes in sink, clothes stacked up.

I do NOT have a pile of stuff on our kitchen table that either needs to be returned to the store or put in it's place. (maybe we should try to eat dinner at the table, huh?)
Miss Susan said…
Awesome! :)
Krystal said…
i don't feel the least bit bad about the fact that this is not what my everyday life is like :)
love ya!
Lindsey Royal said…
Favorite parts: spit bubble and your bedroom.

I know it's been a few days but if the girls have managed to keep their room clean you should post photos of it because I want to see what it looks like. : )

And if the room is NOT still clean I'd still like to see pictures but you can email them instead of post them. : )

Love ya!
Ha, Lindsey! :)
Well, the room HAS stayed clean... only because every time we are in there, I am directing them about what to pick up and where to put it. ;) There are some pictures I want to hang on the wall, so when I get those up I'll do a tour of the girls' bedroom.

Popular Posts