Celebrating



I hope you all had a wonderful time this weekend, celebrating the 4th. What a day to be thankful! Our nation was built upon the essential foundational truths of the Word of God. The Founding Father were God-fearing, courageous men who trusted GOD to guide our country. Thank you, Lord!

We were thrilled to have family visiting for the long weekend. Papa and Nai Nai came early to join us for one last blueberry picking for the season. It was the best time I've ever had picking blueberries. We got caught in a rain storm and continued picking. Lilly was kneeling in the mud, eating blueberries out of Nai Nai's bucket. Later, we joined my sister and her husband and my nephew back at our house. We enjoyed relaxing with the family.

And of course, there was lots of grilling.

And picture-taking.


Maggie gives you an idea here of how the bright sky was burning our retinas!

The kiddos: (L-R) Lilly, Maggie, Trey (nephew), and Carson... oh and Carson's Mommy

Today and tomorrow we are cleaning, catching up on laundry, baking, and packing - in preparation for our vacation starting Thursday morning. We're going to the Baby Conference, put on by the Vision Forum in San Antonio. I am so excited! God has been so good to us b/c someone has very graciously paid for our family to attend. Also, our friends Zach and Cheri are housing us during the trip. We've been wanting to go to the conference since we first heard about it several months ago. While we're in San Antonio, we're also hoping to visit the Alamo, the Riverwalk, and a few other places. Did I mention I'm excited? I'll keep you updated with photos from the trip.

What a week! I have so many reasons to be thankful... how about you?

Comments

Oh, I'm glad that you got to go to the Baby Conference. We would have loved to go, but this year just wasn't going to work for us. ;)
Teesa said…
WHERE did you get those shirts? Everybody at Tweetsie was wearing them too. Such a cute family!
Teesa, Walmart, my dear. Love our $3 shirts!

Popular Posts