Nine Years


I just realized that 9 years ago today (June 22, 2001) I met my sweetheart! I can't believe it's been nine years! It seems like just a few years have passed since that day when I was on that short term trip to a small town in Southeast Asia.




And I met a tall, good-looking man.

Here he is with his partner, whom our son is now named after.




Who impressed me with his humble manner.

And his love for the Lord and willingness to follow Him to the ends of the earth.




Who took my friend and me to see the mountain glacier...

Only it was completely hidden behind a ridiculous amount of fog.

A tall, inquisitive, good-looking man.

Who pulled a Snickers bar and a small can of Pringles out of his backpack to share with us when we got to the top of the mountain... where we could gaze at the beautiful... fog.

A tall, funny, good-looking man.

Who took us to drive go-karts and shot me in the leg with an air-soft gun. (Did I mention this was the first time I'd ever met the guy?)




A tall, good-looking man, wearing the coolest hat I'd ever seen.

Who impressed me with his leadership skills and the purity of his heart.

Who made me laugh, and took my friend and me out for chicken schnitzel and chocolate-banana milkshakes (yes, in Southeast Asia, amazing, huh?)



A tall, good-looking, intriguing man.

Who introduced us to his cool teammates.

Who slyly acquired my email address.

Who showed a gracious, wonderful time, in a small town in Southeast Asia. And when the day was over and we parted ways. I looked back at him walking away and wished with all my heart that he would turn around and walk back.

Into my life.

Little did I know.... nine years ago today.

Thank you Lord, for this wonderful man.
(And thanks, Kels. I still have to think you were up to something.)

Comments

Miss Susan said…
So glad you brought that tall, good looking, intriguing, humble man home to our family...we, too, are greatly blessed to have him!
Lindsey Royal said…
Wish this was facebook so I could click "like" on this entry. : )

Popular Posts