Hungry

This morning, my mind and heart are still reeling from one sentence I heard yesterday, during our church service.

Our friend and brother, Musa, a church planter in Kenya, is suffering from famine there on the continent of Africa.  Musa and his congregation are now eating 3 meals a week.  Those in outlying areas are literally starving to death.  


Musa pictured here during a recent trip to our church in the States.


What can we do in these situations?  Well, our church is looking at what real help can be provided, but above and beyond that, we pray.

This week (and possibly longer) I will be fasting my lunch every day and praying for my brothers and sisters in Africa who are beyond hungry.  They are starving.

Will you join me in fasting your lunch this week, and praying for African Christians?

If you would like to "meet" Musa, click here, and watch the video in the top right-hand of the screen.






 

Comments

Unknown said…
what a great idea! i will join you; count me in.
krys
Katie King said…
Oh no! We were at early service and didn't hear this news! Thanks for sharing. I will be praying.
Thanks, ladies...

Katie, I talked to Pastor Ron today, and I think there is going to be a very short video this Sunday showing how we can help.

I can't bear the thought of them being without food.

Popular Posts