A Little Prayer and Tylenol

Makes a world of difference! With only 4 days left -

Yes, only 4 more days until Lilly Arrives!!

- I have been moving more and more slowly every day. I wake up several times a night to go to the bathroom, or move to my other side, because I'm so uncomfortable. My lower back hurts all the time, and Baby Lilly has grown so heavy that just getting up off the couch and walking across the room is a chore.

This morning, I prayed earnestly for God to relieve the pain in my back, and I followed up that prayer with some Tylenol (the only thing I can take), and I feel like a new woman!

My friend Katie came over with her camera and took a ton of maternity pics for us. We had such a good time. I want to work on some of them in Photoshop, but I'll let you see a few raw ones here.




As you can imagine, we've been getting things ready for Lilly to come, and preparing the girls' bedroom is part of the process. Since they both will share one room, we've had to make some room in the closets (thankfully, there's two) and the dresser. I also finished these plaques last night, so both girls will have their names displayed in their bedroom.



While we're making the room a welcoming place for Lil' Lilly, we've also been making it a better room for a big girl as well. We got this toy chest at IKEA, and we're going to use it to put books inside, and I'm going to cover the top with a padded fabric, to make a little seat for Maggie to sit and look at books. This will be their little reading nook!

Comments

Ben and Mandy said…
Shannon,
The picture with you leaning on the wall looks like most people look when they are pretending to be pregnant and shove a basketball under their shirt. (Okay, so maybe I've done this a time or two.) Looking good, girl!
Hollie Carson said…
Your belly looks JUST like mine. STRAIGHT OUT. You're soo adorable Shannon! I loove the plaques. how did you make them? Did you stencil them with leaves? What about the letters? Were those stencils? Love it! How crafty! I'm so excited for ya'll!! I want to see the room. Seems there are flicks of red in it.
Hollie
Hey Hollie,
I used a stencil for the leaves, and ended up changing it a bit. I had to free-hand the letters b/c my stencils were too large. Everything in the room should be just perfect soon, so I'll take a video and post it. Thanks for the encouragement!!
Ginger said…
Oh! You are too cute. I am excited to hear about Lilly's arrival. I bet Maggie will enjoy being a big sister. Ya'll make such a cute family...the pics are adorable. Let us know when Lilly makes her appearance! We're praying for an easy delivery.
Ginger
Melissa said…
Shannon,

Been thinking about you every single day and checking to see if you all have Little Lily in hand! :)

Let us know as soon as she arrives.. praying for safe and healthy delivery!

oh and :) sheepish grin .... can you send me your mailing address? I've lost the one you sent me awhile back. didn't get it put away and whoosh if got lost;)

hoping to keep it this time!
mel....

Popular Posts