Awesome Announcements

Well, I was going to post a bunch of pictures, but blogger isn't letting me upload anything at the moment, so I'll just tell you the news and save the 5K and 5-year-old birthday pics for later... (sorry)

Awesome Announcement #1: We got the Golden Ticket!!!

Our dossier is complete! I'm am making plans to drive to Austin - hopefully this week - to have it all apostilled and then send it off to Kirk's country!! This is a major step, and I'm so excited we're finally at this point! Our Family Sponsorship Page on Reeces Rainbow will soon be moved to the 'Almost There' category!

Is anybody else dancin' a jig, or was that just me?

Speaking of our Family Sponsorship Page... have you guys checked it out recently? If you've looked at it today, then you won't be surprised by...

Awesome Announcement #2: Our 5K Fundraiser wasn't just a Walk to Bring Him Home, but a Walk to Bring HER Home as well.

Yep. We are adding a little girl to our adoption. I wish I could upload a cute picture of Lori to show you, but you can visit our FSP to see her. (Hint: She's the little girl hugging Kirk in this post.)

Lori is the same age as Kirk, and they are in the same groupa in the same orphanage. Her picture on Reeces Rainbow had caught my eye from the very beginning, but it wasn't until the last month or so that Jeff and I seriously considered adding her, and begin to pray about it. Finally, on Thursday, we knew what the Lord wanted us to do, and this morning we officially committed to her. Just in time, too, because a few hours later, our Golden Ticket arrived in the mail. No pomp & circumstance. Just a plain piece of paper... with the authority to move us to the next stage of this journey.

I have so much more to say about Lori and our adoption journey thus far, but I'll save it for another post.

Rejoice with us!!



Comments

Jarröt said…
So excited. Their picture has been on my computer and now my phone. I love those two so much already. Can't wati to meet and love them both so much!
Noey814 said…
The look so much alike!! How great is God!! He is bringing this adorable little boy home, with 2 of his closets friends! One just down the road, and one to be his sister!!

I'm tearing up!! This is so amazing!! ♥
Congratulation!!
Krystal said…
wow!!!!
Hollie Carson said…
SHUT YOUR MOUTH!!! That is INCREDIBLE news!! Oh WOW! I just called Hugh to tell him and he just said ya'll are superstars!! I can't WAIT to hear more about Lori. Kirk and Lori are going to be SO BLESSED to have parents like you. SO BLESSED. And they will have each other to talk to in this transition. Amazing. Let's talk soon. And how are ya'll feeling? I have been praying for ya'll.
CareBear said…
Great news all around!!
Tammy said…
Great news!!

Tammy, ON, Canada
Emi said…
So excited! I just love Lori and Kirk! they will look great as brother and sister :)
Denise said…
Shannon this is so wonderful. We are praying for your Dossier to be sent off and all of your funds to be gifted so that you can bring your babies home. She is just adorable. GOD is wonderful.
Kendra said…
So excited for you! I just saw this post and I am almost in tears! I have been praying for little "Lori" to have a family for months now! This is so amazing! Can't wait to see you bring them both home!
Kendra said…
This comment has been removed by the author.

Popular Posts