MIY Monday: Clever Bunkbed Solution

It's Make-It-Yourself Monday again, and today I'm excited to share a guest post from my friend Annika. I met Annika a few years back at our friend Cheri's wedding. She blogs over at www.kleine-web.de, but unless you understand German (she lives in Germany), you'll just have to enjoy the lovely pictures. She sent me pictures last week of this very cute, very clever idea, and I couldn't wait to share it with you...

Hi Shannon

Finn, our 3 1/2 years old got a bunk bed recently and since Malte, his younger brother (14 months) likes to climb on everything possible and impossible I needed something to block the ladder.


Bunkbeds BEFORE


I had the board in the basement ( I think it was a book shelf in our old appartement) and only needed to buy the hooks which I got in the DIY for about 5 Euros. To add some fun I painted the board with black board paint ( 3 times, crosswise), which I bought some time ago but never used it...


Hooks Attached to Board


Close-Up of Hooks


Finished Project!

I love to do things like this but need to get more organized to be able to do so...

Take care and God bless
Annika


Um... looks like you're already pretty organized! Thanks, Annika!

I love that she wrote "No Climbing" on the chalkboard. I really liked this project because, with 2 girls so close in age, I know we'll have bunkbeds in our future, and I've been trying to figure out a way to keep them from climbing the ladder during the day. What a great idea. I'm so happy to share it with all of you.

If you have a project you'd like to share with us on MIY Monday, please leave me a comment or pop me an email and let me know.

Have a Happy Monday, Everyone!

Shannon







Comments

Popular Posts