MIY: Cute $1 Coupon Book


Okay, so I realize that with one hour left to my Monday, this has become a Make-It-Yourself Tuesday post, rather than a MIY Monday project... my day just got away from me...

But I had to share this cute project with you. Last week I made one of these for my mom, to go along with her birthday present. Then on Thursday morning (her birthday) I piled the kids in the car, loaded up our over-night necessities (in one duffle bag!) and drove to Louisiana to surprise her. Her reaction was priceless, too, but that's not what this post is about....

I saw this idea here, and followed the simple directions using a $1 pack of stationary I bought from the One-Spot at Target. (Love the one-spot, don't you?) The project calls primarily for envelopes, but I used the cards in the stationary pack to jazz-up the back side of each envelope - it also made the whole book more sturdy.



One idea is to use this to keep your coupons organized. I'm going to make one for myself and probably use one pocket for coupons, and the others to keep receipts organized so they're not wadded up at the bottom of my bag, multiplying like little bunnies. (What? Doesn't that happen to your receipts?)

All my good ideas come from other people, and I'm not innately creative, so I'm really curious what some of you would put in these cute little booklets. Let me hear your good ideas!

Oh, and happy Monday Tuesday, everyone!

Comments

Teesa said…
I LOVE it!!!
Miss Susan said…
Besides coupons and reciepts, I am going to keep small photos of all my ADORABLE grandchildren in it! :)

Popular Posts