Play Day

Ah, it's Monday afternoon. We are settling into our house. I say "our house" but we are not the owners. We're renting from our friends Daniel & Lindsey, to whom we said tearful goodbyes this weekend as they loaded up their Penske moving truck and drove off into the sunset. Actually, the sun wasn't due to set for several more hours, but they were driving west.

It as been a busy, hectic few weeks. And yesterday, after Jeff's birthday dinner at Carraba's (his birthday is tomorrow), we tucked the kids into bed and collapsed.

Today, the house is really a mess, showing the wear of a simultaneous move-out and move-in. But the house gets ignored today. It's play day.





I am deliberately putting off the cleaning/unpacking/organizing/moving around furniture/cleaning for one more day so that I can just love on my girls. They have been amazing troopers during this whole transition. I felt they needed some special attention today.

So we started off with re-heated 7-grain banana pancakes (thank you, Lindsey) for breakfast. Then, after getting dressed, we played in the backyard. First, I had to clean up several piles of house-warming gift left behind (thanks, Buddy! :) ) Then, we were free to frolic.






The girls picked flowers from the garden while I raked up leaves and debris. Then I abandoned that chore (it's play day afterall) to retrieve my camera and capture moments. Maggie, somewhere among the clutter in our house, found a small gift bag that she calls, "my new purse." So she began filling it with flowers. Lilly was interested mostly in trying to climb over the timber, and INTO the garden - maybe to get a closer look at the roly-polys that were creeping around in there.

After playing outside, we hopped into the car and went to Toys-R-Us with a $20 bill Jeff handed to me last night. He bought the girls a ball-pit tent at Academy, using the rest of his gift card from last year's birthday, and we decided this ball pit just didn't have enough balls in it. So off to the store we went to purchase 200 more balls!!! Maggie was thrilled about this. We also stopped and played at the Thomas the Train table, which she loves. Curious that she has no trains of her own yet.

We then had a fun and sticky lunch at Chic Fil-A, dipping our chicken pieces into honey, and enjoying a nice, refreshing fruit cup.

We're back home and the girls are napping. I'm enjoying a nice cup of tea, and about to read. Then once they're up we'll have a snack, fill up the ball-pit, play some more in the back yard, and cook dinner for Daddy, and color a Happy Birthday Sign for him.

Play Days are fun - you should have one too!
Thanks for stopping by!

Comments

Teesa said…
Sounds like even in a topsy-turvy world, you've got your priorities straight. The girls are beautiful!
Krista said…
It's so great to catch up on your blog! Congrats on moving to a house - I know the girls are going to love running around in the yard. Sounds like you had a super fun Saturday!!
Lindsey Royal said…
I can't get enough of the photo of Lilly and her crazy hair!!!! Sorry about the presents Buddy left! : ) Glad you're enjoying the yard!
I know... I get tickled every time I look at that picture. And my mom loves it b/c it looks like my sister when she was a baby.

Popular Posts