What's In YOUR Skillet?

So, I don't know about you, but I get awfully tired of trying to come up with a menu for the week. Sometimes I'm just browsing through magazines, trying to be inspired. I think we should create a blog where busy moms / wives / women like me can post what they're having for dinner - and inspire the rest of us!!

So, here's what we had last night - wood oven pizza (frozen, organic local brand), with raw veggies on the side (green beans, carrots, cauliflower, broccoli, and cherry tomatoes), with ranch for dipping. I love fresh green beans, and I cut up some and cooked them for Maggie to eat with us. She loves thinking she's eating big-people food.

I also made some instant chocolate pudding with Cool Whip on top for dessert. I felt like it was a low calorie dessert that wasn't too bad, since I could make it with my 2% organic milk. (I have to drink organic for my allergies.)

When I was a kid, this was one of my favorite desserts - I think because my mom would put it in a nice wide goblet, and it felt extra special. So I always put mine in wine goblets too, and it gives Jeff and me some "date" time after Maggie goes to bed. We sat and talked and ate our desserts together.

SO - what's in YOUR skillet tonight?

Comments

Unknown said…
OK, so I love this idea! I’ve been cooking dinners and looking for new inspiration for a looong time now! Last night we had bass, fresh caught by your dad, along with black-eyed peas and corn on the cob…one of my favorite meals now. But no dessert for us, unless you count the ice cream your dad is not suppose to have, but sneaked in. Glad to know that some desserts from your childhood have carried over to adulthood :) Who knows…maybe Maggie will have fond memories of the same dessert one day! Thanks for thinking of this and sharing!
Love~MOM
Teesa said…
Such a great idea! Let me know when you make one - I've got tons to put on it.

We miss you guys! Had a great time in NC with you.

Popular Posts