This Easter

It's late Saturday night as I write this. The night before my favorite day of the year - Easter. I could cry, I'm so happy that it's Easter. It never loses it's excitement for me. I am filled up to overflowing with praise and gratitude.

Last night, we attended a traditional Seder meal at church, and learned so much about the traditional passover meal of the Israelites. What rich history. And I will post about that later.

I always anticipate Easter morning. What an unspeakably, immeasurable gift the Father has bestowed on us. I wake up every Easter morning and want to shout He is Risen! I cannot keep silent. With every fiber of my being, I feel the chorus,

Did the grass sing?
Did the earth rejoice to feel you again?
Over and over, like a trumpet underground,
Did the earth seem to pound, He is Risen!?
Over and over, in a never ending round
He is risen - Hallelujah! Hallelujah!

Every Easter I wish that for just one day I had the voice of Sandi Patti to belt out that tune so that the gratitude and joy in my heart would have an adequate outlet. I feel like the magnificent miracle and gift of what Easter means will just make me burst from the inside out.

Thank you , Father. Thank you, Jesus!

Every Easter it's the same. But this Easter is different. This Easter is the last one that Kirk will spend without a family. It's the last Easter that he will wake up with probably no knowledge of the God who created him, or the Savior who bought him with a price. This Easter will be the very last one that he will wake up without hope. Because next Easter, that will all have changed.

Praise God. Hallelujah.

What an incredible gift the Father has bestowed on us.

Comments

Popular Posts