Today...

I always get thoughtful this time of year. This week we would have most likely been celebrating the one-year birthday of our 3rd child. But that was not to be. I fully trust that our sweet child has only tasted the goodness of the Lord their entire life. I posted this poem a year ago today, and thought I'd like to share it again. The Lord is good.

You were barely here, then gone
Like the slightest refrain of a song.

A whisper, a breath, a tiny breeze.

And never will my fingers touch your earthly face -
Or ever feel the sweetest grace
of holding you that way.

And though I search for but a glimpse of who you would have been
My heart holds steady to the One you're hidden in.

Still and quiet I remain.

Comments

Katie King said…
That is beautiful Shannon! We won't forget our sweet babies that we didn't get to meet here on earth. One day...
Jessica said…
Beautiful poem, Shannon.

Popular Posts