MIY Monday: Inspiring Wall Words


I hope all of you had a wonderful Christmas! We sure did, and I'm so very grateful. Well, I have a few MIY projects I can hardly wait to share with you, but they are gifts I'm going to give in the coming days, so I can't spill the beans here just yet...

So, I'll show you what I've been working on in each of the kids' bedrooms.



I love the Wall Words that are so popular now, which allow you to easily (or so they say) put Scripture or inspiring quotes on the walls of your home. Personally, it's my goal to have Scripture adorning a wall in every room in our home. The Word of God is so important to us in our daily lives; I love having it in front of us as we go about our day.

However - I cannot afford to purchase Wall Words, and I do NOT have a beautiful handwriting, so I had to come up with another way to achieve my goal.

I borrowed an old overhead projector from a good friend who's an interior designer. Then I printed the scriptures I wanted on clear transparencies and projected them onto the wall. I penciled the words, and then went back over them with craft paint - voila!

Here's a picture of what I started in the girls' room. Their scripture will say "May my Words and Thoughts be Pleasing to You, oh LORD."



So there you have it. A fun Make-It-Yourself project. Happy Monday, everyone!

Comments

Jo said…
I have seen the Word Art but never thought of it being scriptures. What a great idea! You are a blessing.
Hollie Carson said…
Oh girl, LOVE IT!
Lindsey Royal said…
Ok, you are amazing.

Popular Posts