MIY Monday: Fabric Headbands and Homemade Stockings




This is a super easy Make-It-Yourself craft you can do on a Saturday afternoon. I made this one for our friend turning nine-years-old. This would make great birthday gifts for little girls, or even stocking stuffers for girls of all ages. Starting out with accurate head-measurements would be best.

For these two girly headbands, I used some knit fabric I had on-hand and sewed a zig-zag stitch around the hem. Then (again, using a zig-zag stitch) I closed up the headband after determining the appropriate size. I had some leftover silk flowers from my Autumn Wreath, so I removed the stem and used an all-purpose thread to hand-sew the flower and the buttons to the headband.

For the cream-colored headband, I double crocheted 3 rows and then stitched it closed using the same yarn. I used embroidery thread to attach the buttons, using smaller buttons on top of bigger buttons for variety.

Now, speaking of stocking stuffers... it quickly came to my attention that we needed to add a new stocking to our family collection. Lilly had a small, gray knitted stocking, which we're going to pass down to Carson, so this weekend, I started this stocking for her:





Using some beautiful, soft cream fleece, I cut out a stocking shape (using another stocking as a guide) and zig-zag stitched around the edges with gold thread. Next I'm going to use a gold paint to put her name, and probably decorate with some buttons or beads or who knows what I'll find up my craft sleeve.

I want to know what you gals are up to. I know a lot of you are making Christmas gifts.... share with us what you're Making Yourself.



Happy Monday, everyone!

Comments

Jo said…
Loved your headbands! So cute!

And yes, I am up to my elbows in homemade Christmas gifts. It is quite an undertaking when you wait to long to start! I still have a few more to finish this week. I am going to post blog pictures after we have our gift exchange. : )
Yay, Jo! I can't wait to see what you've made. :)
Miss Susan said…
These are incredibly cute! If I had time I would make some for all my girls at school! Hmmm...wonder if I could fall into that "girls of all ages" group?? :D

Love you~
Lindsey Royal said…
My friend and I are attempting a quilt...big beginner project we know but we're determined! We did ONE of the hard parts the other night- picking fabric. Now it's on to cutting and sewing. I'll let you know how it goes.

Popular Posts