MIY Monday: Crayon Roll-Ups


Have you ever been on a road trip with a pre-schooler? How about two pre-schoolers?

We just returned from our Thanksgiving Family Get-Together in North Louisiana. It's a 4 to 5 hour drive for us, depending on how many times we have to stop for the restroom, so I try to have some activities for the girls to do while they ride in their carseats.

This year, along with some other fun stuff, I made these...


crayon rollups for each girl, and packed them with some coloring books. They came in handy for doing our Thanksgiving Day craft as well.


Each one holds 16 crayons and rolls up to fit nicely in a handbag. I saw this project on another blog, and found a great tutorial here.

I made one of these a few weeks ago for a birthday party I mentioned in a previous post. I love this Thomas-the-Train fabric I found for boys. (Another little friend of ours is getting one of these soon.)



The tutorial for this was easy to follow. I just have the most basic sewing skills and was able to do it without having to rip out any seams. It took about 2 hours total, and if I were you, I'd do several in one sitting so you get more for the time you spend.

These would be great for upcoming road trips with your crew - or a fantastic birthday present or stocking stuffer!



Thomas thinks they're loads of fun, don't you Thomas?

Happy Monday, everyone!

Comments

Hollie Carson said…
Love love love it my friend! They all were precious. Laney would do great with this on our roadtrip to GA for Christmas!
Katie King said…
LOVE this! I need to borrow the idea :)

Popular Posts