MIY Monday: Two-Fer!

It's Monday again!

And today you get TWO MIY projects for one day. I hope you're enjoying these Monday posts as much as I am. A few of you have told me you look forward to seeing what the new MIY Monday idea will be, and I'm thrilled about that. It keeps me thinking creatively. And if YOU have any ideas for a MIY Monday post, I'd be happy for you to share.

Now, on to the goodies. Here are two very quick things you can make yourself:

1. Toilet Bowl Cleaner
When my friend told me I could make my own Comet Toilet Bowl Cleaner, I thought, no way... why didn't I think of that before? It is so simple and frugal. Here's what you need:

Shortly after my friend told me how to make this, I found these glass jars at the 99 cent store. With the large holes in the lid, this is perfect to make a shaker for toilet bowl cleaner (or even carpet freshener.)


I bought one for each bathroom, and almost bought a few more, just b/c they're so pretty and I bet I could think of a few different uses for these. I mean look at them. They almost make cleaning the bathroom fun... almost.

You need 2 parts Borax to 1 part Baking Soda. So for these containers I used 1 cup Borax to 1/2 cup Baking Soda. You may also add several drops of essential oil for a clean fragrance. I used tea tree oil because it smells fresh and clean, and also because it is a natural disinfectant. If you use an essential oil, be sure to mix it in the powder well using a fork or chopstick.

Now, on to the next project...


2. Bandana Dress
This is too cute NOT to make! I put this together for a little friend's birthday this weekend using the easy step-by-step directions on this site.

She called it "The 15-Minute Dress" and really, if I hadn't had two children trying to climb in my chair to use the sewing machine, one knock on the door (my friend bringing fresh eggs!) and two telephone calls - then I probably would have been able to do it in 15 minutes. I'm going to make a few of these for my own girls and let them wear tights and long-sleeve shirts underneath. They are roomy enough that they can wear them again as summer dresses.



I hope you have fun with these!

If you would like to participate in Make-It-Yourself-Monday, please do! Leave a comment telling us about something you've made recently. You may link to a post on your blog so we can marvel at your work. Happy Monday!

Comments

Hollie Carson said…
adorable! where did you get the plaid bandana? and I really want some of those glass shakers!!! I don't think our dollar store has these. :(

Popular Posts