A Good Day to be 2


Lilly is 2 years old today! Happy Birthday, big girl!

I can't believe it's been two years since they handed me a little pink bundle. And I don't mean the blanket was pink. Her skin was pink. I remember thinking, how long will it take me to get to know you?
Well, now we know this little personality quite well, and she is such a joy.







We celebrated Saturday with a Barnyard Birthday Bash, and our big birthday present to Lilly was a train set. Jeff built her the train table, and I made a background scene to set up behind the table. It was a big hit at the party.












The other big hit at the party was Lilly's Little Tykes car. She was just getting on her new green rubber boots when she spotted the car being wheeled in and said, "whoa!" She couldn't get into it fast enough.


It was quite a birthday celebration this weekend. Beats having a hurricane for your birthday.








Comments

jessica said…
happy birthday! such cute pics of her bday party...how fun!!!
Jo said…
Wow, what a great party. You did an awesome job with the decorations. So cute! So much fun!!
Katie King said…
So so cute! She is adorable! And what a precious idea for a birthday party theme. I will have to remember that :)
Thanks, Jo! Katie, it was so fun - the theme works for boys OR girls! Personally, I think I was just trying to impose my own desires for living on a farm. ;)
Anonymous said…
Shannon, you are so creative. I might have to steal some party ideas from you. Happy Birthday, Lilly. We're glad you didn't have a hurricane this year, but we did enjoy spending your birthday with you last year. We love you. Uncle Jesse, Aunt Kim, and Lauren
Jesse & Kim,
I actually thought of you guys when I was getting stuff ready for the party - lots of little green tractors! :)

Love you and can't wait to see you in a few months!
Lindsey Royal said…
Wow- in some photos she looks so grown up in others she still looks babyish. :) The party looks like a great hit! I can't believe how many kids are crowding around the train set!

Popular Posts