A Day to Remember

It's September 16th. Forever burned into my memory. First, b/c it was my high school boyfriend's birthday. (I suppose it still IS his birthday, and he's still a friend of mine, so happy birthday, Friend.)

But now I'll always remember this day b/c this was the due date of the sweet baby we lost in February. We thought that this week we'd be meeting another little one, welcoming him/her into the world.

I am not sad today. I am happy and blessed. I am happy that the LORD is sovereign. And blessed to be carrying another baby, due to be born in February.

About six months ago, during some prayer time, I was finally able to write about losing our baby. Just a few lines. But remembering our sweet little one today, I wanted to share them here.

You were barely here, then gone
Like the slightest refrain of a song.

A whisper, a breath, a tiny breeze.

And never will my fingers touch your earthly face -
Or ever feel the sweetest grace
of holding you that way.

And though I search for but a glimpse of who you would have been
My heart holds steady to the One you're hidden in.

Still and quiet I remain.

Comments

Katie King said…
That's beautiful, Shannon. Made me teary to read your sweet words. My due date in March was hard for me...but I was pregnant and didn't know it yet :) God is good.
Ben and Mandy said…
Lots of love to you, Shannon!
Teesa said…
We love you guys! What a beautiful testimony of God's grace in your life. Bill and I are sitting here wondering what God is doing in your lives and for your future. We'll be excited to see it unfold over the next few years!
3 Zepeda's said…
You have a grace and a calm about you and your words reflect who you are so perfectly. I love you!
Charles Ellzey said…
Congradulations, I didn't know you were pregnant again- God is good! On another note- I cant believe you remembered by birthday- I wish I had that kind of memory. I'm thinking a boy and name him David- not after me of course but after the King.
Anonymous said…
Congradulations- I didn't know you were pregnant again and I cant believe you have not forgotten my birthday!
Jo said…
Your words have such peace and love in them Shanon. God has such a plan for your family.
Thanks everyone - thanks for listening.

Charles, I know, some things just get stuck in my head... I remember Stephanie's b-day too, and a bunch of our old phone numbers. lol.

Popular Posts