A Lovely Day

Have I ever mentioned what a blessing our back yard has been?  Well, it is.  I am hugely thankful for the blessing God has bestowed upon us in the form of a house with a very lovely back yard (among other great amenities I'm sure will be mentioned in other various posts.)

Let me tell you the wonderful things a back yard is good for... just to name a few:

A back yard is good for playing with bouncy balls....


And for walking barefoot in thick, lush grass...


A back yard is good for having friends and family over to cook burgers on the grill.  This particular occasion was Mother's Day, and my sister-in-law Jana's birthday (pictured above with Lilly.)



A back yard is good for offering a pretty view through the back patio door while you're enjoying dinner with family.  Here's my mother-in-law Ann (above) with our honorary sister Sondra.



And a back yard is good for playing with two sweet girls, who gave me these pretty flowers for Mother's Day.  I hope you have a back yard to enjoy this weekend.

Blessings! 
~ Shannon

Comments

Teesa said…
I love the new background for your blog. The denim is great. What beautiful colors you have in Texas. I always think of Texas as sort of a desert-land, without any flowers, but you've changed my opinion on that.
Teesa, I'm so glad I changed your opinion of Texas. It does have beautiful variety. Our State flower is the Bluebonnet - which I love. In central Texas the roadsides are filled with them.
Hollie Carson said…
I love the header for your blog! How's Jojo's thumb? Was the surgery painful?
We will find out today (Monday) if surgery is Tuesday or Thursday. (I'm still praying his finger will be healed and he wont' need surgery.) We'll post an update when we know something.
Lindsey Royal said…
You make the backyard look so fun and exciting! The grass looks great! And wow, no dog poop to step in. :)

Popular Posts