A Bang-up Job


so, um, there's no delicate way to tell you this (especially typing one-handed): i broke my own silly thumb in an accident at work yesterday. and if you're going to do something, do it well, right? let's just say that the doctors i saw were impressed with the job i did. we think the hand surgeon will be, too, when i meet with him Friday afternoon to determine when to operate.
until then, please join us in praying for God's grace and favor on my bum thumb, and the new wrinkles that brings to family life. my two most disappointing moments yesterday were when i realized that we'd have to cancel a family camping trip so that i could see the hand surgeon, and when Maggie asked me to help her put on some socks last night. thus began a new habit of saying, "i'm sorry Baby, i can't; you'll have to ask Mommy."
hey, every day is a new adventure with us! just as i'm sure it is with you. thanks to God that His mercies are new every morning, and for His great faithfulness! (Lam. 3:22-23)

Comments

Jarröt said…
Awwe! That looks like it hurts for sure! Sorry about this new found inability I'm sure that is frustrating. I guess it worked out that I couldn't come see you guys. Though I'm sure Shannon might have needed some help with the girls in the ER. Hopefully I can see you guys soon, with better news about that thumb.
Jo said…
I can't imagine how frustrating that must be. Hopefully it will heal quickly. Ouch!
Teesa said…
Well, when you do something you do it all the way.
Hollie Carson said…
WHOA! That like a painful break. Whew. I'd like to hear how that happened.
Melissa said…
ouch.... that had to hurt! Uh.. we will be praying for your surgery and for complete healing...

Popular Posts