Our Blessed Life

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Easter in Central Texas

Friday morning we headed out to Enchanted Rock, a park near Fredericksburg, Texas where we camped out for the weekend.  This was the girls' first camping trip, and they had a blast.



We met up with some friends, and Jeff led a night hike while the girls and I settled into the tent for the night.  Here's Jeff (above) the next morning preparing breakfast.  We heated water for tea and instant coffee - a special treat!




Maggie really wanted to "climb up the big rocks" so after breakfast we headed out for a hike with the girls, and really went longer and higher than I thought we would.  They loved it!



You can see Lilly (above) has her fingers in her mouth.  She's getting ready for a nap.





Jeff and I honeymooned near Enchanted Rock, and we've dreamed of bringing our family back for a visit.  What a great weekend!


7 Comments:

  • At 4:29 PM, Blogger Teesa said…

    Okay, explain the weather to me. JoJo has on shorts, but you're wearing a ski cap? Did it rain too?

    It looks like so much fun! It's definitely proof that we can go camping some day.

    Great pics!

     
  • At 5:53 PM, Blogger Katie King said…

    What a great trip! I love to camp. Michael and I went to Enchanted Rock in November when we went to Fredericksburg. We loved it! Your girls are growing up!

     
  • At 2:31 PM, Blogger Jo said…

    So Fun!! What great pictures! We are planning something like that soon. You have given me the confidence that it is possible!! : )

     
  • At 2:39 PM, Blogger Shannon said…

    Teesa - it was cold that morning, so Jeff gave me his hat. Then it did warm up a little, but I didn't want hat hair, so I left it on. And well, Jeff is much more comfortable in cold weather than I am so it could have been 40 degrees and he still wouldn't mind wearing shorts.

    And yes, everyone - there is hope for taking your young kids camping. They love to be outside!

     
  • At 9:46 AM, Blogger Lindsey said…

    Looks like SO much fun! I'm glad you finally got to go together again!

     
  • At 7:14 PM, Blogger Krista said…

    Wow, it is beautiful there. What a fun way to spend the weekend and what a precious family you have. How are you feeling? I'm praying for you and hope all is well. Love you! K

     
  • At 7:18 PM, Blogger jessica said…

    so much fun! i thought about you guys...we drove past enchanted rock that next monday, but you were gone by then. it was great to see you a few weeks ago as well; your girls are adorable!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home