Personality

Every parent will tell you each of their children have different and unique personalities. We have really enjoyed getting to know our girls. I remember the nurse bringing Lilly to me not long after she was born. I looked at this bright pink chubby bundle and thought, how long will it take me to get to know you? 

 I can't really explain that thought to you. Maybe it was hormones or pain meds. Anyway, we'll move along... Lately, the girls have just been hilarious to be around. I've already shared with your our love for The Incredibles, and we really do watch it probably once a week. Maggie will sit at the table and say that she is Violet (the little girl character) and that Daddy is Mr. Incredible. I'm amazed at her ability to pretend. I personally like it when she says that I am Elastigirl (the funny, flexible, super-hero Mom.) If you haven't seen the movie, this next paragraph may be lost on you, but keep reading; it's still enjoyable. 

 Earlier this week, I was in the kitchen (my normal hub) and Maggie was coming down the hallway, calling, "Mom?" I answered, "Yes?" "Where is my super SUIT?!" (Identical to how Frozone says this in the movie.) haha. I laughed at her, and then replied, "Why do you need to KNOW?" (Frozone's wife's answer in the movie.) Maggie stayed in character: "I NEED it!" By this time she had come into the kitchen and I just couldn't stop laughing. I grabbed her up and she thought she was so funny! And well, she was.

Last week, as she was carrying around her favorite bear (one I took with me on our travels around the world), I had the idea to tie a piece of cloth around her and bear, so she could "sling" her bear. Then I told her how I wore her and Lilly in a sling when they were babies. 

 I got out my pouch sling and showed her. This wasn't enough. She wanted ME to sling her baby doll. So I did. I walked around the house, slinging her baby. She followed behind me, slinging her bear, watching what I was doing. Eventually she went off to play and came back later, holding bear up to her chest, "Mama, I feed bear my boobies." (I just had to stop typing because I'm laughing out loud.) "Oh yeah?" I replied. "That's great." Hey, she sees me nursing Lilly all the time; she was bound to make this connection.

Okay, by now you're probably thinking, good grief, how much t.v. do your kids watch? And you taught her to say boobies??? Well talk to Jeff about that one. Moving along again... I was telling some of these stories to my friend Corrie the other day, and she asked what Lilly's personality is like. I replied, "Lilly thinks it's funny to be bad."

It's true. If Lilly is not supposed to do something, she thinks it is downright funny to do it. Just today I looked up just in time to see her hit Maggie in the face. The she looked at me and smiled. She isn't really devious about it, she just thinks we're all having fun. Like the other day, when she was taking my potatoes out of the vegetable bin for the 32nd time this year. She will take out a potato, give it to me, take it back, and when I tell her to put it back in the bin - she will hold it up to her mouth like she's going to bite it and look at me, waiting for my reaction. 

 She carried a potato off into the hallway, and I said, "Hey, where are you going with that potato?" She came back only 1/2 into the doorway, with just one little eyeball peeking around at me. I asked, "What are you doing?" Then she scrunched up her face in a laugh. Lilly wants to be chased down, and she'll laugh so hard she'll fall before you even get to her. Yeesh, these girls are just keeping me busy all the time, but they sure are a lot of fun.

Comments

Hollie Carson said…
LOL!! Ha! THAT was a good post and very funny.

Your girls are JUST, ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!!! I miss ya'll!
Teesa said…
Your girls are so cute! I can't believe how much Lilly has grown. Wish I could meet her in person. Love your stories.
Melissa said…
Oh my goodness... I'm laughing out loud... what a hoot! That is so funny!

What wonderful girls.. they are too cute! :)

Great memories....
Joy Leighanne said…
Hey, at least you have a little girl pretending to nurse. Maxwell was not yet 2 when I had Alexander. He got a baby doll when we were at my parents', pulled up his shirt and "nursed" his doll. LOL Then he put the doll to bed. I can't wait to tell that story when he is 16.

Popular Posts