Summer Fun

Blueberries and the spray park.

These are two things we've been enjoying lately here in hot southeast Texas. The spray park just opened the day of Maggie's birthday party, and this past Sunday, we took our sandwiches I'd prepared for supper and ate them at the park. The we took the girls over to the spray area, where a dozen or so other families were enjoying a refreshing break on a hot Sunday evening. Children were running around squealing; dads were holding their kids under plastic palm trees. The coconuts filled with water and sporadically spilled over to everyone underneath. Maggie was thrilled, and ran around from one sprinkler to sprayer, squealing, and voluntarily sticking her face in the water. It was so fun to watch . I'll have to take pictures next time. I was pretty leary about taking my new camera near the water! But here are a few shots of the afternoon.


Swimsuit Model


My Gorgeous Family


This morning, we got up early, picked up our friend Lindsey, stopped for some McDonald's coffee (just for the adults), and headed north to a blueberry-picking farm.

Griffin Berry Farm is not yet certified organic, but uses organic methods in their farming. And the results - yummy, fresh, juicy blueberries. It was Maggie's first time to pick, and she was quite good at it. Her method was one for the bucket, one for me! :) She ate so many her teeth were blue. The farm is family-owned, and it's a great place for picnicking too.

Picking Blueberries



It was hot, even in the shade at 10am. But it was so fun, and so worth it.

Beautiful Blues!

I am really looking forward to next year, when Lilly can pick them too.

I want Blueberries!

Comments

3 Zepeda's said…
Great pictures!! I love Lilly's face with the bucket of Blueberries!!!
Krista said…
My mouth is watering. . . blueberries sound wonderful! That's neat that you have a farm nearby you can pick them at too. Your family is precious!
Lindsey Royal said…
I love these photos! I'm glad they are large, I saved them to our computer!

Popular Posts