Happy Birthday, Mags!

Sunday, Maggie turned 2-years-old. I now understand what people mean when they say it goes by really fast. I can't believe how big she's gotten, so quickly. In many ways, she is so grown up, and it's been a fascinating journey - from sweet, tiny, curled up baby to bright, inquisitive, joy-filled little lady - and witnessing every day in between.

Here are a few pics of our fun-filled day on Saturday:
(Click on the pictures for a clearer image.)


Before heading to the park for our party, Jeff put Maggie's tricycle outside, where she would find it. She doesn't quite know what to do with it yet, but she loves being pushed down the sidewalk.


Maggie loves monkeys, so what better way to celebrate? Mom and I were up late making these the night before.



Mags about to have her first "official" chocolate. (We'll pretend we didn't know about the chocolate candy bar she quietly broke into.)



I love this picture of her trying to look the monkey in the eyes as she eats his face!



This is as close as Lilly got to any of the sweets. She did enjoy a mashed banana later.



She looks like such a big girl here, with her new watch and her new pretty necklace (she wanted to put them on right away.)



And I LOVE this picture. This is our friend Liam, and he loves trains. he brought his trains to the party, and in this picture he's telling her the names of each train. She is listening intently, probably because she loves trains too. It was a super sweet moment I was glad to catch on camera.


A lot has changed in a year... just look at Maggie here on her birthday one year ago!


We love you, Maggie. And we thank God for our Terrific Two-year-old!!

Comments

Lindsey Royal said…
Wow! I'm glad you posted that last photo, I hadn't realized how much Maggie had grown up in the past year!!
Krista said…
How much fun! It looks like the party was a hit and the monkey cup cakes were too cute. All the grass at the park - oh it looks so nice (can you tell we live in the desert?!). Happy Birthday Maggie!
Hollie Carson said…
I love the pic of her eating the monkey's face. I laughed out loud! And I must say, those monkies are AMAZING! You made those????? Wow!!!!
Yeah, I googled monkey cupcakes, and just duplicated the ones I liked the best. It was so fun.

Popular Posts