Love on Jojo Day

Many of you know Jeff as "Jojo". It was a nickname he acquired in China. Jeff is always doing amazingly thoughtful things for people. Last night was no exception.

I was thoroughly frustrated with my can-opener, as usual. It worked fine for 4 years, but recently has started giving me problems, tearing up the tops of cans, and making it such a pain to open them. Last night, while fighting with a can of beans, I ended up with bean juice ON MY FACE. I'm not kidding. How do these things happen?

I've been wanting to order a Pampered Chef can-opener, but just haven't done it, for one reason or another. Last night, I announced that the can of beans was the last can I was opening with that can-opener, and then I was going to throw it in the garbage can!!

Jeff helped finish dinner, while I nursed Lilly. Then he helped feed Maggie while I held Lilly on my lap and ate my own beans and rice. Later, as he was helping in the kitchen, he decided to make a quick run to Walmart to get some things we needed.

He is a HELPER - this is what he does!

I relaxed, and got ready for bed. I was changing Lilly into her night clothes when Jeff walked in from the store. He walked over to the couch, where I was sitting, with his hands behind his back. "Pick a hand", he said. Then he revealed the prize - a new can-opener!! It was the kind that works on TOP of the can - just like the Pampered Chef style!! I had a HUGE grin on my face, from ear to ear.

THEN he disappeared into the kitchen, and came back with a box of chocolate-covered cherries!! My FAVORITE Christmastime treat! He is sooo thoughtful and sweet!

SO - I'm declaring it Love On Jojo Day. Post your replies here and let Jeff know how he's helped you or made your day in some way. I want to make him feel extra special today! He makes ME feel that way everyday.

Thanks, Baby! You're the best!

Comments

mom said…
That's my boy
krysinchina said…
Wow, it'd take me a long time and alot of room to list all of the ways Jeff has positively impacted my life in the last 11 years. He is one of the most wonderfully sincere people I have ever known. The one big thing that comes to mind is the Christmas letter he wrote me after we had been friends for about a year. Making the life change into Christianity was a huge and often difficult task for me, and I remember him telling me that he knew we were friends for a reason, and God was going to use me. Nobody had ever said anything like that to me before; I hadn't even really imagined God using me to change other peoples' lives and eternities. Thanks Jeff for always being a faithful friend during the ups and downs of this crazy thing we call life. You, no doubt, have played an enormous part in helping me become a woman of God. I love ya!!!
Of all the things I love about Jeff, I would have to name his sincerity as one of my favorites. When Jeff asks how you are today, he really wants to know! Everytime I see Jeff, I leave feeling valued. Top that off with the fact that I can always count on him to laugh at my stories.Thank you, Jeff, for being all you are to all of us!
Lindsey Royal said…
The fact that he goes out of his way to do something that would help another or make him/her feel special is a major part of what makes Jeff Jeff! I appreciate what he does for me but I especially appreciate that he makes my husband happy, a happy husband = a happy wife!
Unknown said…
Jeff, you know I love you :)

Some of the things that stand out to me...

The very first...we had just met you really, but already knew you would be a part of our family (and it was even before you told us such)... our house was full of people who would have given you a lot of attention because you were the "missionary", but instead of soaking up the "accolades", you stood alone in my kitchen cutting out Shannon's prayer cards...

And when I mentioned wanting some Bamboo...another trip by you just to pick up some "needed supplies" resulted in my very first bamboo!

Most recently when I was without transportation...it was you who got out in the cold to give me a ride so I could see 3 of my girls :)

These are "things" you have done for me, but they are a picture of your good, kind, giving nature.

Thank you!
Susan said…
Hey Jeff, I could tell you I think you're awesome because I've known you for years and you've always been the same genuine guy, or because you are the sweetest dad to your two girls. I could even tell you that I admire you because of your sacrifice to be go to China...but in reality, I think you're awesome just because you are the greatest example of a servant I think I know. You are available to any of us when we've asked, you've been a pillar in our church, and many others, you've been a friend of friends. In my book...there's none better! Love you buddy!!!
Hollie Carson said…
When I think of Jojo, I can't help but smile (and usually laugh too)because I lived with that wild man for two years. I know him. I could not have had a better guy to work with. Jojo was a mentor, friend, and brother. He's serious and thoughtful about important things, passionate about knowing Jesus, and pretty much ridiculous the rest of the time. I am thankful to God for my friend.
I can't agree more... especially about the "ridiculous" part! haha. Jeff is more than I could have even known to ask for in a husband and a father to my girls. What a blessing. Thank you, Baby, for being YOU - and for being so patient with ME! Thank you for laughing at my jokes, and giving me more to laugh about.
jeffrey said…
thanks everyone for all the great comments - i am truly humbled and grateful for all your kind words.

one small note - though a previous comment was posted by "Hollie" it was actually her husband Hugh that wrote it; just wanted to clear up that i didn't live with Hollie for two years. As one of my language teachers would say, "that would be...wrong."
Melissa said…
I know I'm posting a bit late :) but I had to share ~
We had the privilege of working with Jojo for 2 years and I have to say- that Jojo was a real joy to work with. He was always thoughtful of others and always cared about the things that mattered. It always amazed me that he didn't get caught up in the sticky and often tough issues that we face in China. It was always the lighter side that shone through and often times helps us all to smile rather than complain.


We love you Jojo and we thank the Lord for the heart of compassion and joy of life that you share with everyone you meet!

The Hughes Family

Popular Posts