Hazleton Vacation

What a GREAT Mother's Day weekend! We spent my first "official" Mother's Day in North Carolina, visiting some great friends of ours. We had some laughs and relaxation with two couples we once lived and worked with. Each of us have had babies since we last saw each other three years ago, so Maggie was able to visit her two little friends, who are both a little younger than her.

Here's Maggie with Laney. I'll have to post pics of Sam later, when his mom and dad send me the pics.


This is Maggie and Laney in their matching dresses Sunday morning before Church (we didn't plan that.) We were about to leave to go see Sam's Baby Dedication service.

Here are the girls on the car ride to Sam's house afterwards. We had a cook-out and spent the day with friends.


During our visit, we picked strawberries in a field just about a mile from our friends' house. I LOVED picking strawberries. Maggie and Jeff were in charge of holding the bucket!



The girls are having a great time!


So, since we flew to North Carolina for our vacation, we TRIED to pack light. (I think we didn't do too bad for having an 11-month-old with us - we only had 3 checked items, and one of those was a carseat.) SO - Jeff had to leave my mother's day present at home. This morning, he woke me up with a Starbucks gift bag. He gave me a mug I LOVE- (You can see it on the table in this picture) and a gift card. I think I was just as excited that there were wildflower seeds that came with the gift card. I'm going to plant them and see what comes up!

Then, this evening, the doorbell rang, and I found a box of flowers on the doorstep. It seems Maggie and Lilly sent me some roses and a box of chocolate!!! (Also pictured above on the table.) The card that came with the flowers said "Happy Choosday, Mommy!" (that's Tuesday) "It's not Mother's Day anymore. Daddy told us that you like flowers and choklut - that's funny, we do to! - Love, Maggie Rae, and Lilly Cate."

AWE!!!! How amazing are my girls? (Though, I DO think they had a little help!)

What a great Mother's Day!

Comments

Hollie Carson said…
Aww..that's so sweet! :) Way to go Maggie, Lilly...and Jeff too.
Hollie
Teesa said…
We had a fantastic time with you! I wish we could do it again some time soon. We miss you already!

Popular Posts