What's Left


Hey remember these two kiddos?



I think they're ready to come home... it's about time, don't you think? What's left?

Well, our dossier made it to K & L's country today!!! Now it has to be translated and then submitted... and then we are given an appointment/travel date. This could take weeks, so I'm trying not to get too excited.

And while we wait, I have PLENTY to do, because we have QUITE a bit of money to raise, still. I have updated our thermometer. Our Goal went up a bit since we added Lori to our adoption, and I'll write a more detailed post about fundraising expenses soon.

We have a few fundraisers coming up next week... first is our benefit at Chic-Fil-A next Monday...

Then, next Saturday, we're cookin' up something else...

In case you can't read the ridiculously cute flier (flyer?) my brilliant husband made, our friends have put together a brisket sale... they'll be fully cooked and big - 8-10 lbs! They are $45 each, and you'll be feeding your family (for days, most likely) and blessing our family tremendously. So if you're local, and you want a brisket let me know ASAP, because tickets need to be turned in by Monday.

Then we have a garage sale coming up next month,... and I am almost done with my surprise!! My (hopefully) last online fundraiser. I am really, really excited about it, and I hope I can tell you about it this week!

So as you can see. We have a lot going on... or as my good friends Brenda and Shelly would say, 'that's a lotta action.' teehee.

Here's how you can help....

- PRAY (really, the most important thing)

- Spread the Word!
We are really getting down to the wire here. We could be traveling a month from now! And we need to bring the funds in now. Please spread the word about our adoption by telling your friends, posting on FB or your blog - just send them back here to get the full story.

- Come to Our Fundraisers (if you're local)

- Visit our FSP (Family Support Page) and Donate

- Keep Checking Back
We are so humbled that you would follow our journey. What a blessing it is to have the body of Christ. It may not take a village to raise a child - but it sure takes a village to ransom one from across the ocean!

Let's get these kids HOME!!

Comments

Katrina said…
Very excited that you are getting so close. That is an adorable flier (not sure how it is spelled either) I am praying that you have a great turn out on both events.
melanie said…
Hey - if it's not too late, we'd like a brisket. :) My daughter Gabbi and I walked in your 5K, but I don't think we've actually met yet. Email me @ itsmelanie@gmail.com and we can make arrangements to get $$ to you for the brisket. :) Thanks so much!
Jaclyn miller said…
My name is Jaclyn Miller and I follow Adeyé's blog (www.nogreaterjoymom.com). Recently I felt like I was suppose to start advocating for children and families who are adopting and in need of finances as well as a backing in prayer. Once Adeyé made her "call to action", I decided to write each of you because I would like to feature each of you on my blog.(markedbyheavenadoptions.blogspot.com) see blog post below.
Waiting to tell a story
Two years ago my husband and I had the opportunity to travel back to one of our all time favorite places. Visiting friends, who really are family, loving on the least of these (who we consider our kids), and partaking in a trip that for us looked pretty normal...
Little did we know that that trip would FOREVER change our lives. ;)
Although I would love nothing more than to share our story with you, right now we cannot. Because we are friends with the director of the orphanage, our information could be monitored and it could compromise the adoption...
So here sits this blog, waiting to tell a story.
Do you have a story?
Recently another blogger (Adeyé, www.nogreaterjoymom.com) Asked those of you who are fundraising, in a financial crunch and traveling soon to to share your story with her and that she would create a link so that your story would continue to be told. Well I too would love to share your story, because I do believe that when the body of Christ comes together we will see a changed world. And I want nothing more than to advocate for you, your family and sweet child(ren).
What to do:
1- please send an email to markedbyheavenadoptions@live.com
2- share a brief 2-3 paragraph story of you, your family, child and anthing else you'd like readers to know
3-prayer requests
4- a photo of your family or child
5- a blog or link to where they
If this is something you are interested in please let me know, I look forward to partnering with you.
Blessings,
Jaclyn Miller

Popular Posts