Our Blessed Life

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

What's Left


Hey remember these two kiddos?



I think they're ready to come home... it's about time, don't you think? What's left?

Well, our dossier made it to K & L's country today!!! Now it has to be translated and then submitted... and then we are given an appointment/travel date. This could take weeks, so I'm trying not to get too excited.

And while we wait, I have PLENTY to do, because we have QUITE a bit of money to raise, still. I have updated our thermometer. Our Goal went up a bit since we added Lori to our adoption, and I'll write a more detailed post about fundraising expenses soon.

We have a few fundraisers coming up next week... first is our benefit at Chic-Fil-A next Monday...

Then, next Saturday, we're cookin' up something else...

In case you can't read the ridiculously cute flier (flyer?) my brilliant husband made, our friends have put together a brisket sale... they'll be fully cooked and big - 8-10 lbs! They are $45 each, and you'll be feeding your family (for days, most likely) and blessing our family tremendously. So if you're local, and you want a brisket let me know ASAP, because tickets need to be turned in by Monday.

Then we have a garage sale coming up next month,... and I am almost done with my surprise!! My (hopefully) last online fundraiser. I am really, really excited about it, and I hope I can tell you about it this week!

So as you can see. We have a lot going on... or as my good friends Brenda and Shelly would say, 'that's a lotta action.' teehee.

Here's how you can help....

- PRAY (really, the most important thing)

- Spread the Word!
We are really getting down to the wire here. We could be traveling a month from now! And we need to bring the funds in now. Please spread the word about our adoption by telling your friends, posting on FB or your blog - just send them back here to get the full story.

- Come to Our Fundraisers (if you're local)

- Visit our FSP (Family Support Page) and Donate

- Keep Checking Back
We are so humbled that you would follow our journey. What a blessing it is to have the body of Christ. It may not take a village to raise a child - but it sure takes a village to ransom one from across the ocean!

Let's get these kids HOME!!

1 Comments:

  • At 1:27 PM, Blogger Katrina said…

    Very excited that you are getting so close. That is an adorable flier (not sure how it is spelled either) I am praying that you have a great turn out on both events.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home