MIY Monday: Swiffer Sheets



Years ago, I started using a Swiffer sweeper with these nifty little sheets that would "magically" cling to dust and dirt and swiff it right out of my house. As our family has grown, as well as our living quarters, I've found myself using more and more of these Swiffer sheets, and even when we were buying the store brand, it was still money being spent every month that I really didn't need to spend. So my Swiffer Sweeper went in the closet for a while... until recently.

A few months ago I pulled my trusty friend back out of the closet and decided to make my own flannel Swiffer sheets that could be washed and re-used over and over. I already had two old flannel receiving blankets that had stains on them, so I put my sweeper down on one blanket and roughly measured how big the rectangles needed to be, then cut up the blankets, plus a few scrap pieces of flannel I had in my fabric stash.




Now we have a nice pile of these to use for sweeping, and for dusting too. I put a few drops of lavender oil and dust away, or give them to the girls to use for dusting when they are helping me. I've been very pleased with how much dust and dirt these pick up.

So there you go - a very quick and easy Make-It-Yourself Monday project.

And here's one more that I did not make myself, but my sweet friend Cheri made for our baby boy:

Thanks, Cheri!

If you would like to participate in Make-It-Yourself-Monday, please do! Leave a comment telling us about something you've made recently. You may link to a post on your blog so we can marvel at your work. Happy Monday!

Comments

HI! thanks for your comment on my blog! I so wish I had brought my camera! :( Oh well, T and I will just have to meet again and I'll bring my camera! She is a sweet, sweet person for sure. I'm honored to call her friend too.

And this swiffer idea is WONDERFUL! I felt the same way about the cloths. Never thought of making my own. My DH has some flannels shirts that need a new USE. ;)

Popular Posts