Green Smoothies



After nap time comes snack time.  And with warmer temperatures come cooler snacks.  So lately I've been making frozen smoothies with the girls.  These are green because I start off with two big handfuls of fresh baby spinach.  I blend it up with raw milk or coconut milk, and then blend in frozen fruit (strawberries or other berries, mango, pineapple), sometimes a banana, often some plain yogurt, ground flaxseed, and whatever juice we have in the fridge.  The results are delicious, and my girls drink it down and ask for more.  They also like to help make the smoothies.  They're going to love summertime!  

Comments

Waters, Inc. said…
You are such a creative Mommy! The smoothies sound yummy...maybe I'll try my hand at one. =)
jessica said…
yummy!!
Jo said…
That is so great. I need to do that. Thanks for the idea!

Popular Posts