Five Fabulous Years!!!


Well, I have a lot of catching up to do - so many things to post, pictures and videos to share with you. But I'll start with this - on Saturday, the 16th, Jeff and I celebrated our 5th Wedding Anniversary!

My parents came in for the occasion and took care of the girls while the two of us got away to Houston. We had so much fun, shopping at IKEA, going indoor rock climbing, and enjoying a delicious meal at Gourmet India. (Where we - with the entire restaurant - watched Michael Phelps win his 8th gold medal. The whole place cheered together!!)


Jeff and I give each other traditional anniversary gifts, based on the year. The first year is paper, so we gave each other books. The second year is cotton, so we gave each other a shirt (for Jeff) and a fluffy bath towel (for me!) Well, this year was wood, so I gave Jeff a chess set, which he is going to teach me how to play. And I looked out the window Saturday morning to find the best gift - a rocking chair!


I love my rocking chair, and Maggie has a matching one that she was given for her birthday. We are definitely rocking on the front porch kind of people.... well maybe not Jeff. He doesn't like to sit still unless it involves the internet!



But this weekend he did get a chair that he likes. We found this super comfy chair at the scratch-n-dent section of IKEA. It was $50 off the regular price, and only had some dirt on the cover, which can be washed. I was walking around, looking at things, and noticed Jeff was no longer with me. I found him relaxing in this chair, and a few minutes later it was being packed into the back of our car. And now Maggie and Lilly love climbing in "Daddy's Chair."

Comments

Melissa said…
Wow, Congrats on 5 years! I remember well our 5 year anniversary :)

It only keeps getting better :)


And the girls are so big! WOW ~ I love that Maggie looks alot like Jeff and Little Lily looks like you! :)

love to you 4~
Oops! I wrote that Jeff gave me a bath "towel" on our second anniversary; I meant a bath ROBE. Sorry for making it sound like he was really cheap! haha
Krista said…
Yeah, congratulations!!! That is pretty cool giving each other the traditional gifts - that rocker looks super fun! You guys make a sweet couple. Love the pics!
Lindsay Bahra said…
Shannon! Long time, no talk. Congrats on your anniversary! Funny thing...James and I got married a few weeks ago on 8.16.08! Craziness. So happy to see you and your family growing so beautifully.
Lindsay! I was just thinking about you last week! Congrats on getting married on a great day!

Popular Posts