Milestones

Yesterday, June 22, was the anniversary of the day Jeff and I met. For some of you who may not know, we met in China. My friend and I were visiting on a 2-week trip, and Jeff had just moved to the city. That day, he took my friend and me to see the beautiful glacier in the city where we lived there. It was a long, hard walk to the top, and after we caught our breath and realized that we weren't actually going to catch a glimpse of the glacier, due to the massive fog, Jeff opened up his backpack and gave us each a Snicker's bar and a mini can of Pringles, explaining that we'd need an energy boost because of how hard we had just worked our bodies.


Glacier at Jade Dragon Snow Mountain

After showing us around town, we ate at a local "restaurant" called "La Mu's", where we had chocolate-banana milkshakes for dessert. Well, as close as you can get to chocolate-banana milkshakes.


Where I slept in China (my dorm room.)


The kind of places Jeff slept in China



Can you believe they got paid for this job?


Enjoying milkshakes at Lamu's about 1 month before we got married




So, in honor of that special day 7 years ago, I made fried rice for supper tonight, and chocolate-banana milkshakes for dessert. And for Jeff's lunch tomorrow, I packed a Snicker's bar, and some pizza-flavored Pringles. :) It's the little things.


Jeff enjoying his fried rice



Just FYI, it's bad manners to leave your chopsticks like this



And just so this post isn't completely about the past, one more milestone. Tonight, we finally moved Lilly's crib out of our bedroom. (She's 9 1/2 months old, for the record.) Both girls have been sleeping soundly in the same bedroom for 3 hours now (at the time I'm writing this.) And in place of the crib, we moved the rocker into our bedroom. I think it's going to make a nice quiet-time nook.


Jeff trying to have some worship while his wife captures the moment


What wonderful milestones. The Lord has been really good to us!

Comments

Teesa said…
I miss you guys.

I have no idea when Bill and I met. It always amazes me that some people can keep track of that. I think the year might have been 1997? LOL
3 Zepeda's said…
What a wonderful peak into your past! Can you believe how fast 7 years has gone?! Thank you for posting this blog, it made me smile! Love you!
Brenda~ said…
I love this post!!!!!!! I can't believe you remember every detail of that day. All I remember is YOU were going to spend the rest of your life in China, and I was NEVER GOING BACK AGAIN.

hmmmm
Now, I am in China for life. You are in Texas and Jeff's wife! (like how I did that?)

I love your blog, your family, and you!

Wishing you another beautiful year together. One with many Snicker Bars and Pringles! Oh, and clear skys!

You know I don't do "outdoors" and that climb was rough!!!! I have yet to see that thing !!! :)

You guys are beautiful together!

B~
Brenda, thank you!!
You had a huge part to play in our whole journey. I love how God has worked everything out. And I would love to meet you in LJ and go see the glacier with you! (I might only have the money for a one-way ticket, though.) :)
Brenda~ said…
It's a deal! See you there. I will bring the Snickers, you bring the Pringles!

B~
Ben and Mandy said…
Very sweet post, Shannon. You inspired me to do something special for Ben today. He has been such a rockstar with me lately...through my pregnancy-induced moodiness, he still actually loves me. :) Ha!
Krista said…
Oh, I love reading about how y'all met. What a neat post! We got married on June 22nd so that day is special for us too :).

Your fried rice looks so yummy. Can I get the recipe?!

Popular Posts