Celebrating Autumn


Hey Everybody!

Here in southeast Texas, it's been in the 90's with high humidity... until this week!! Thanks to a front blowing through from the northwest, we've been enjoying the crisp, rejuvenating cool weather that should accompany this time of year.

In order to celebrate, I made chili last night, which is always a favorite in our family. And yesterday, Maggie helped me pick out 2 small pumpkins, which she thought were orange balls. This morning, as she was having a snack, she wanted to have the pumpkins on her tray as she ate.







You can see how excited she was about her pumpkins.

After her nap, I took her outside and attempted to get a nice picture, but she rarely sits still these days, so this is the only one that came out.


Maggie loves to crawl into things. She is constantly taking things out of their nesting places and then crawling into the space. She does this with her toy chest, with cabinets, and last night, she emptied her book bucket. With all the emptying, you can imagine how difficult it is to keep the house tidy. The next thing we're going to teach her is how to pick up her toys!


Maggie isn't the only one keeping me busy these days! Lilly still sleeps a lot, but right around 4pm every evening, she comes alive, and wants attention. Last night she started smiling and cooing at me. It melted my heart!



It always seems like the two of them are needy and clingy at the same exact time. I'll start changing Maggie's diaper, and Lilly will wake up and start crying to be held or eat. Or I'll sit down to nurse Lilly, and Maggie will want juice, or start getting into things she isn't supposed to. I think they are conspiring together!

Currently, I'm trying to write this blog, and Maggie is screaming at the top of her lungs because she wants to crawl up in the chair with me, which is another new thing. She is climbing on everything!

For those of you who read the earlier "Dirty Jobs" post, Maggie is still suffering from a terrible virus that has been going around. It's been a solid week now, and we are still up to our knees in runny diapers! We've been to the dr. twice, and it seems this virus is really taking a while to work it's way out in most children who have it. So we certainly appreciate your prayers for our girls to be well and healthy!

As for Jeff and me, we just need some sleep! Moments like these (below) are coveted times in our family these days!


Comments

Hollie Carson said…
Shannon, Lily looks soo much like you and Maggie is looking so much like her Daddy still!! Amazing! I looove the picture of Maggie in her green bucket. How cute! Ha!
Susan said…
Shannon, You are such an awesome mommy and Jeff's a pretty darn great daddy too. We are blessed to know you guys and your girls (Love huggin' on Lily at the office), and I always get the biggest smiles when I read about ya'll lives together.
Melissa said…
Maggie looks like she is really enjoying the pumpkins. Did you all carve them? I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

love to you 4!
Mel

Popular Posts