Our First Week with Lilly


I laughed my way through the last update that Jeff posted and then asked him why he ever stopped blogging. His writing style is so entertaining. He promised to start blogging again, so keep a watch out for his posts.

We thought you might enjoy some more pictures of Lilly's first week. I can't believe it's already been that long. As you can see from the picture above, she's changed quite a bit, even in 7 days.

I think in these first few hospital pictures, she looks a lot like my sister, Sarah. At first I didn't think she looked anything like her big sister, Maggie, but now I can see a little resemblance.


I love this sweet little outfit her aunts bought for her. She's already in 0-3 month clothing, where Maggie had to where Newborn size for quite a while. This little chunky monkey can't wear the Newborn size attire.


Here she is sleeping peacefully next to Daddy's pillow.

While Lilly certainly is receiving lots of attention, she's not the only little Hazleton girl in the house who's received some special treatment this week. Last night, Maggie received her first haircut. Here's her before picture. Notice the scraggly hair hanging down in her eyes.


And here she is after I got the scissors after those bangs. She sat very still while I gave her a trim. What a good girl!! She is a great big sister - always giving Lilly kisses, patting her on the head, and giving her a binky.


I received some special treatment last night too - my mom baked me a birthday cake (a few days early.) I've had a chocolate cake with rainbow chip icing for my birthday for the past 13 years - can you believe that?! So I was super excited to dig in to this special treat last night. My mom has been super, staying with us and helping us out all week. She leaves this evening, and I think I just might cry! (haha.) Please pray for me as I transition into doing this without her help.

Wow, how blessed are we?!
Love,
the Hazletons

Comments

Hollie Carson said…
Ohhhh! Just look at her! She's precious! Shannon, she looks so much like you! Maggie, my word..you are SUCH a big girl. You've changed so much since I've last seen you. You look JUST like your Daddy! I miss ya'll so much
Hollie
Unknown said…
Lilly is one pretty baby. I can't believe how big Maggie is either!

I'll be thinking about you and Jeff as you adjust to having 2 little ones to care for.. it is an adjustment going from 1 to 2 but the 2 to 3 ... it's a breeze.. just for future references ;-) !

love to you 4! WOW! I can't hardly believe how your family has grown! :)

mel...

Popular Posts