14 1/2 Weeks

For those of you who just groan when a pregnant woman speaks in weeks - that's about 3 1/2 months. Suffice it to say I'm cruising along in my 2nd trimester now.


This was my 1st attempt to capture the belly profile earlier today.



Then I figured out how to go through the menu and find the "timer" mode on this camera. Now, you may be thinking that's a pretty big belly for only 3 1/2 months, but usually this is what happens with your 2nd pregnancy - especially when you didn't give yourself much time to loose the "baby weight" you gained in the 1st pregnancy! Which is definitely my situation! On the up-side, you usually start feeling the baby move earlier in your 2nd pregnancy than you did in your first, so I should start feeling this baby's little hands and feet in the next week or so.

Although we'd technically be able to find out the gender in mid-April, we have to wait until May 2nd because we couldn't get an earlier appointment. So only 42 more days until we find out if we're having a son or another daughter!



Maggie, however, is a happy girl no matter what. We spent some time outside this morning trying to capture her picture in this cute little outfit her mimi (Jeff's stepsister) bought her. It's one of those cute outfits that has a criss-cross in the back. I have a pattern for it, so I'm going to try to make her a few more for the summer.

We have a picture of Jana (Jeff's sister) in an outfit like this when she was about Maggie's age. I tried to scan it in for you, but that launched me into an hour-long session of non-responsive programs and restarting the computer twice, so you'll just have to make the comparison another time. Sometimes technology does not cooperate with a busy mom's life!



One last thing: Jeff and I will be hosting a live program online for our church tonight, if any of you will be home at 7pm central. Just go to www.cotr.com and click on the live stream.

Until then, the Hazletons wish you a happy day!

Comments

Hollie Carson said…
Yeah, a picture!! I'm so glad that you posted one of your sweet baby belly. You're so so cute Shannon. And so is your doll baby. She's precious. I can't wait for our girls to play together!
Melissa said…
mShannon you look great Girl! :) You know there only a few women in the world that make the rest of us look not so cute when we are pregnant. :)

Your one of them!

I blew up like a balloon. :) Oh I looked cute the first oh.... week! ;) then BLAM I was "flubber" in slow motion... changing from skinny to chunky.. :)

lol.. okay enough.. just wanted to say. You look GREAT! and I love seeing updates!

love ya,
mel...
Three Walters said…
:-) I watched you guys host church online! I also watched my dad preach! Twas nice to see all 3 of you! You've been on a bloggin' roll lately!! I love reading what's going on with you guys.

Can you believe Zach and I will hit our 2yr anniversary next month?!?!
It's awesome!

Be blessed,
Cheri
A. Noel said…
In the words of Gwen Stefani- your bump, your bump, your lovely lady hump.

Popular Posts